- Rough Draft Done!
- I Started Writing a Technical Book... (part 3)
- I Started Writing a Technical Book... (part 2)
- I Started Writing a Technical Book... (part 1)
- Trump + The Scream = ...
- ImageNet CNN Architecture Image
- Displaying Digits of Pi on Raspberry Pi in Python
- Random Buffy the Vampire Slayer Episode Generator
- Uber Taxi Bar Chart Fail
- The Hobbies of the Scripps 2014 Spelling Bee Contestants
- On the Seasonality of Hoppy Beers
- A Small Trick for Big Data in R
Monthly Archives: September 2014
I thought I would share something I found in an advertisement/marketing email from Uber Taxi. See anything amiss about the bar charts? Let's hope Uber doesn't charge rates like they scale their bar charts. Could be bad for business.
I downloaded text data from http://public.spellingbee.com/public/results/2014/round_results and performed some text mining on the contestant interviews and came up with some interesting results. The hobby with the highest round average was Volunteering followed by Chess and Movies. I filtered for hobbies … Continue reading